Digital Geometry Processing
General Information |
Mesh Models & Viewer |
Miao Jin Office hours: Tuesday 2:00pm - 5:00pm ACTR 237
Times & Places
MW 2:30pm - 4:30pm, ACTR 116
Theory and applications of discrete (digital) 3D mesh processing, focusing on representations and processing of polygonal geometric models, and
applications in computer graphics.
The lectures will cover the theoretical aspects, and
provide hands-on experience.
- Half edge data structures for meshes
- Differential geometry on surfaces
- Computational topology on surfaces
- Mesh parameterization
and its applications
- Simplification and multi-resolution representation for efficient rendering
- Smoothing / Fairing
- Mesh deformation and morphing
- Mesh editing
CMPS 415 or CMPS/EECE 515 Computer Graphics (strongly recommended).
Students should be familiar with C++ programming.
- 40% Assignments (small projects)
- 20% Final project presentation
- 30% Final project evaluation and report ( examples of final projects )
- 10% Class participation
For course project, you can download here: Simple Mesh library
Mesh library on the Internet