Devon Endowed Assistant Professor of Mathematics
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Maxim Doucet Hall
Lafayette, LA 70504
Office: Maxim Doucet Hall 408
Curriculum Vitae (last updated: 09/2020)
I am a Devon Endowed Assistant Professor of Mathematics here at the University of Louisiana at
Lafayette. Before coming to Louisiana, I had postdoctoral
appointments at the University
of Aberdeen, the University of
Montana, and Rutgers
My research is on the structure of finite groups, especially
around a prime p. I tend to think most about fusion systems
and their associated homotopy theory and homological algebra,
geometries and subgroup complexes of finite groups, and modular
Monday 2:30-3:30, Wednesday 2:30-5:00pm, and by arrangment
Materials for these courses can be found on Moodle.
- Math 362: Elementary Linear Algebra
- Math 561: Linear Algebra and Applications I
- Rigid automorphisms of linking systems (arXiv), with George Glauberman
- Centers of Sylow subgroups and automorphisms
(arXiv), with George
Guralnick, and Gabriel Navarro
to appear in Israel J. Math, 12pp.
- Fusion systems with Benson-Solomon components (arXiv),
with Ellen Henke
- Weights in a Benson-Solomon block (arXiv), with Jason Semeraro
- Weight conjectures for fusion systems (doi, arXiv), with
Adv. Math. 357 (2019), 40pp.
- Extensions of the Benson-Solomon fusion systems
with Ellen Henke
in Geometric and Topological Aspects of the Representation
Theory of Finite Groups,
Springer Proc. Math.
Stat. 242 (2018), 251-268.
- Fusion systems with some sporadic
arXiv), with Julianne Rainbolt
J. Algebra 489 (2017), 165-178.
- Control of fixed points and existence and uniqueness
of centric linking systems (doi,
with George Glauberman
Invent. Math. 206 (2016), no.2, 441-484.
- A characterization of the 2-fusion system of
J. Algebra 428 (2015), 315-356.
- The Thompson-Lyons transfer lemma for fusion systems
Bull. Lond. Math. Soc. (2014) 46 (6): 1276-1282
- Weak closure and Oliver's
p-group conjecture (doi, arXiv), with David J.
Israel J. Math. 197 (2013), no. 1, 497-507.
- 2-subnormal quadratic offenders and Oliver's p-group
conjecture (doi, arXiv)
Proc. Edin. Math. Soc. 56 (2013), 211-222.
- Analogues of Goldschmidt's thesis for fusion systems (doi, arXiv), with Sejong Park
J. Algebra 324 (2010), 3487-3493.
- A characterization of the 2-fusion system of L4(q)
Ph.D. Thesis, The Ohio State University, 2012.
and applications: new perspectives, February 20 - March 7,
City, University of
London, January 30-31, 2020.
Groups, representations and applications: new
perspectives, Newton Institute, Cambridge, January 4 - February 1, 2020.
of South Alabama, Mobile, December 5-6, 2019.
University of Colorado Colorado
Springs, November 13-15, 2019.
Fall Western Sectional
Meeting, Riverside, November 9-10, 2019.
University of California, Santa Cruz, November 6-8,
Fall Eastern Sectional
Meeting, Binghamton, October 12-13, 2019.
and geometries, BIRS, Banff, August 25-30, 2019.
Group Theory Summit, San Marcos, August 22-24, 2019.
Joint Mathematical Meeting, Quy Nhon, Vietnam, June 10-13,
finite groups, Oberwolfach, March 24-30, 2019.
Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting, Auburn, March 15-17,
Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, November 15-19, 2018.
University of Chicago, May 12-23, 2018.
Southern Regional Algebra
Conference, Auburn University at Montgomery, April 20-22,
Representations of finite
and algebraic groups, MSRI, April 9-13, 2018.
Zassenhaus Groups and Friends
Conference, University of South Florida, April 6-8, 2018.
Spring Central Sectional, Ohio State, March 17-18, 2018.
MSRI, February 11-24, 2018.
Days XIX, Şirince, Turkey, May 17-21, 2017.
generalisations and applications 2 , St. Andrews, May
LAMFA, Université Picardie
Jules Verne, Amiens, April 6, 2017.
and duality in modular representation theory, Copenhagen, March
Leicester, March 21, 2017.
of London, March 5-9, 2017.
of Birmingham, February 15, 2017.
- Math 466: Modern Algebra II (Spring 2020)
- Math 465: Modern Algebra I (Fall 2019)
- Math 270: Calculus I (Fall 2019)
- Math 666: Advanced Topics in Abstract Algebra II (Spring 2019)
- Math 597: Special Topics (Spring 2019)
- Math 497: Special Topics (Spring 2019)
- Math 665: Advanced Topics in Abstract Algebra I (Fall 2018)
- Math 566: Abstract Algebra II (Spring 2018)
- Math 565: Abstract Algebra I (Fall 2017)
- Math 250: Survey of Calculus (Fall 2017)
- Introduction to Linear Algebra (Spring 2016, Fall 2015)
- Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Fall 2015)
- Intro to Abstract Algebra (Spring 2015, Fall 2014, Fall 2012)
- Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning (Spring 2015, Fall 2014)
- Introductory Linear Algebra (Spring 2014, Spring 2013)
- Calculus II for the Mathematical and Physical Sciences (Fall 2013)
- Honors Calculus II (Fall 2012)