The Department of Biology at UL Lafayette uses a panel of instruments for both research and teaching. The main goals of this website are to:
- Identify sharable instruments among scientists in the department
- Ease the sharing of these instruments using a booking calendar
- Communicate issues with instruments and maintenance/repair dates
- Inform graduate students of upcoming training
- Record equipment usage for management and maintenance purposes
- Facilitate equipment surplusing process
- Wharton 404: new equipment and equipment relocation
Qbit 4 fluorometer: accurately quantify DNA, RNA, and protein.
Sonicator Q800R (Qsonica): physical sharing of DNA and chromatin (range of fragment sizes: 150bp – 3kb).
Blue Pippin: DNA Size Selection for Next-Gen Sequencing.
Bioanalyzer Agilent 2100: sizing, quantification and quality control of DNA, RNA, proteins and cells.
- Surplus procedure
A new page has been added to this Biology Department Instrumentation website for surplus procedure. If you need to surplus an item, please follow the steps listed on that page.
- Flake ice machines
We have ordered 2 ice machines for Wharton Hall (replacement) and Billeaud Hall (bigger capacity). Each new ice machine can produce up to 440 lb/day, stores 80 lb.
- G:BOX Chemi XRQ upgrade to include fluorescence
The G:BOX Chemi XRQ system (Wharton 404) is currently setup to gel/blot capture picture using Visible Stain, UV, Chemiluminescence: Epi White LED Lights, UV Transilluminator, Blue LED Transilluminator. The system will soon be upgraded to include full-spectrum fluorescence (infrared, red, green, blue): Epi LEDs for multiplex or non-multiplex fluorescent blots.
- Compressor for ICP and AA
A new compressor will soon replace the current compressor in Billeaud 233.