ICMA-VIII Travel Information
- Humid subtropical climate
- Normal October temperature range, daily high, 76 - 84 F
- Normal June rainfall 1.6 inches (41 mm)
- On the Vermilion River in southwestern Louisiana
- On Interstate 10 between Houston, Texas and New Orleans, Louisiana
- Population: City 127,657, Parish (county) 250,000.
- Here is the annotated UL Lafayette Campus map (pdf)
- Here is the Google map with the entrance to the parking garage flagged
- Here is the Google map with Oliver Hall flagged
- Here is the Google map with the Student Union flagged
Lafayette Regional Airport (LFT)
Lafayette Regional Airport is about 4 miles from the Hilton Garden Inn/Cajundome and 2.5 miles from the Double Tree Hotel.
Taxis: Courtesy Taxi & Transportation, (337) 577-9638, 5280 Transport Services, (337) 766-1326, Dixie Cab, (337) 237-3333.
Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (BTR)
New Orleans Airport (MSY)
Note that the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is located in Kenner which is about 13 miles from downtown New Orleans. Transportation from New Orleans to Lafayette is only by bus or train.
Union Station (train)
The Amtrak (passenger train) station, Union Station, is located at 1001 Loyola Avenue in New Orleans.
The Sunset Limited provides service between Lafayette and New Orleans.
New Orleans to Lafayette (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday)
9:00 am (09:00) leave New Orleans - 12:24 pm (12:24) arrive Lafayette
Lafayette to New Orleans (Tuesday, Friday, Sunday)
5:15 pm (17:15) leave Lafayette - 9:40 pm (21:40) arrive New Orleans
Greyhound Bus Station
The New Orleans Greyhound Station is located at 1001 Loyola Avenue (next to the train station).
Greyhound offers service between Lafayette and New Orleans. Greyhound also offers (on a limited schedule) service between the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport and Lafayette.
Enter "New Orlns Arpt" in the Greyhound site search box for details about connections between the New Orleans airport and "Lafayette, LA" or "New Orleans, LA".